Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ryan Hall Out of NYC Marathon Due To Heel Pain

Former Stanford standout Ryan Hall won't participate in November's New York City Marathon because of plantar fasciitis. Hall dropped out of the Olympic marathon in London in August because of a leg injury and is now suffering from heel pain and tightness in his legs.
"I am very disappointed to not be able to run," said Hall, 29. "I was hoping that after some time off and treatment after the Games, the string of nagging injuries I've been dealing with this year would be behind me. After trying to run through, I came to the realization when keeping the big picture in mind, that I needed to take a longer break to let things heal and not rush the training. As much as I would love to still race after taking the break, my integrity will not let me show up to the line if I'm not fit."
If you are experiencing heel pain, call our Rocky Hill or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Jeffrey S. Kahn, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Heel Pain Doctor in CT
Podiatrist in Rocky Hill and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, follow my tweets on Twitter, and friend or like our page on Facebook.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment