Thursday, September 6, 2012

Branford's Mike Olt Has Heel Pain

Texas Ranger shortstop rookie Mike Olt has been suffering with plantar fasciitis since mid August. Olt has started just three games in the past 10 game homestand.
Olt was promoted from Double-A Frisco on August 2nd and says the inflammation in his right heel is starting to subside. "I feel I'm getting over the hump. I just need to keep doing my rehab, because the last game, I was pretty miserable," said Olt.
The inflammation in Olt's heel probably won't go away until after the season ends, which the Rangers hope will be another two months. The Rangers have also talked about Olt playing winter ball, but Olt has to recover from his heel pain first.
Olt also has to work on regaining some of the weight he's lost in his first season as a Major League Baseball player. "I"m trying to get my weight back. I lost a lot of weight this season, just being my first full professional season. I want to make sure I get it back up so I'm at full strength again," said Olt.
Olt is a 2007 graduate of Branford High School and was drafted by the Rangers in June 2010 from UCONN's baseball program. University details that Olt "was a four year letter winner at Branford High School... led his team to the Class L State Championship in 2006... holds the school hits record with 115... holds a career batting average of .475." At Double-A Frisco Olt was batting .287 with 27 HR and 81 RBIs.
If you are experiencing heel pain, call our Rocky Hill or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Jeffrey S. Kahn, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Heel Pain Doctor in CT
Podiatrist in Rocky Hill and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, follow my tweets on Twitter, and friend or like our page on Facebook.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment