Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tennis Star Kanepi Has Heel Pain

Tennis Star Kaia Kanepi announced on her website last week that she was dropping out of Wimbledon because of heel pain. This is the third Grand Slam tournament she has skipped this year because of the pain.
Kanepi said she will need at least four weeks to recover from the heel pain, which has plagued her since she finished the tournament in Estoril last month. "We made some pictures of my heels and the situation is that I have to take a break," said Kanepi.
"This means I will have to skip Wimbledon this year. We will see how the treatment goes. I can still practice to some extent. With full practices I can start when the heels are cured."
Her new tournament schedule will be revealed in three to four weeks. Kanepi still plans on playing in the Summer Olympics, which start on July 28th. Earlier in the month she reached the quarterfinals of the French Open before losing to Russia's Maria Sharapova.
"I am very satisfied with what I accomplished in Paris. I think that the match with Maria taught me a lot, it showed what level she is at and what I have to do to improve. I have never experienced such a pace in a match before," Kanepi said.
If you are experiencing heel pain, call our Rocky Hill or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Jeffrey S. Kahn, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Heel Pain Doctor in CT
Podiatrist in Rocky Hill and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, follow my tweets on Twitter, and friend or like our page on Facebook
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment