Thursday, March 28, 2013

Albert Pujols Dealing With Plantar Fasciitis

Albert Pujols' surgically repaired knee is feeling so wonderful, he believes himself ready to play first base on Opening Day, April 1st, against Cincinnati. But Pujols didn't even make his spring training debut until last Tuesday and it was revealed that he has been dealing with plantar fasciitis.
Manager Mike Scioscia said after the game that "The foot is giving him more trouble right now than the knee. But the fact that his knee is OK give us more comfort than anything else."
Pujols has dealt with plantar fasciitis on and off for seven years, playing with it during the 2004, 2005, and 2006 seasons and never going on the disabled list. During those three seasons he hit .330 and averaged 45 home runs and 125 RBIs.
"I've had it for the last seven years; it that a problem? It's one of those things that comes and goes," Pujols said.
Pujols is wearing custom orthotics for the first time in his career and is spending more time in the training room.
"I think the whole reason it flared up this spring is because of my knee. I tried to protect the knee and put more pressure on my left side. But it's nothing that will keep me from being in the lineup. I've played whole seasons with it," Pujols said. "It gets sore, but nothing really dramatic to where I say, 'Man, I can't play.'"
Pujols even phoned up Red Sox DH David Ortiz, who is also suffering from heel pain, for tips on playing DH.
"I'm too young to be a DH, but if I have to do it, I'll do it. I just want to be in the lineup and help the team win," Pujols said.
Reference: LA Times and LA Times
If you are experiencing heel pain, call our Rocky Hill or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Jeffrey S. Kahn, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Heel Pain Doctor in CT
Podiatrist in Rocky Hill and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, follow my tweets on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Good post bro...!!!
    Albert Pujols is my favorite bass ball player and i am the fan of it.
    I hope that he will get out of it soon and we can see his best batting...
    Thanks for the sharing...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it's so great what these players do for their fans! I would think that more people would ahve more heel pain than what they actually have.

    ReplyDelete