Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Joakim Noah To Return Tomorrow From Plantar Fasciitis

Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah has missed the last few games because of plantar fasciitis.
Nick Friedell of ESPN Chicago tweeted, "Noah has plantar fasciitis in his right foot. He had it in his left foot three years ago. He isn't sure when he'll return to the lineup."
Noah missed 18 games when his left foot was affected in 2009-10 and eventually had shockwave therapy to help him with the pain. "The one in 09-10, I just kept playing through it. I probably played with it for a month until I couldn't anymore. This time, I stopped a lot earlier. I probably played on it for five or six games. I just knew what direction it was going in. In 09-10, I just tried to act like it wasn't there and played through it. That was a mistake. With a couple more days of treatment I'm hoping to be OK," Noah said.
Noah was smart this time to stop soon after he started to feel pain. Too often this basketball season we've seen players be out just a few days, return to the game, then have to be out for several weeks because they didn't rest and rehabilitate properly.
Noah said on Monday that he was hoping to return by Thursday to play against the Denver Nuggets. "I'm moving in the right direction. Give it a couple more days and try to go on Thursday," Noah said.
The center said he got some shots on the Bulls' day off on Sunday but did no running or jumping. He is resting the injury and treating it with ice and laser treatments (stretching!). "You definitely learn from your experiences," Noah said. "I've been through this before. I know what to expect. I've gotten all these treatments before. I'm hoping with a couple more days rest I'll be back at 100 percent and I won't have to deal with this anymore."
Noah has missed just one game so far this season. He is averaging 12.1 points, 11.3 rebounds, 4.2 assists, 2.1 blocks, and 1.3 steals per game, all of which are career highs. He is also averaging 38 minutes per game, 10 minutes higher than last year, which could be a contributing factor to the heel pain. Noah was also selected as a reserve for the NBA All-Star game on February 17th.
However, his production since his injury has declined. Noah shot just 42 percent during the month of January and his scoring was down, even though his rebounding was up.

If you are experiencing heel pain, call our Rocky Hill or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Jeffrey S. Kahn, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Heel Pain Doctor in CT
Podiatrist in Rocky Hill and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, follow my tweets on Twitter, and friend or like our page on Facebook.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment